Nine Guiding Principles to Improve the Riverview Corridor Approved at the April 2019 Annual Meeting of the West 7th / Fort Road Federation and developed in concert with the West 7th Business Association.
1. SUPPORT BUSINESSES Maintain current and attract new businesses Establish safeguards for business losses during and after construction
2. SLOW DOWN TRAFFIC ON WEST 7TH Reduce speed Manage truck traffic
3. PARKING No net loss of parking Preserve open space; don’t pave everything Keep parking on West 7th Enforce current parking rules consistently
4. PEOPLE CAN CONNECT TO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER Implement plans and opportunities Establish multiple connections to the Mississippi River in different ways from West 7th
5. TAILOR TRANSIT ROUTE TO RESIDENT NEEDS Provide sufficient, frequent, and reliable transit stops—now! Improve transit stop amenities Provide appropriate route for transit—future
6. HOUSING FOR CURRENT AND FUTURE RESIDENTS Ensure that West 7th remains attractive to live here Provide diverse housing choices
7. STREETSCAPE Repair, retain, and sustain the streetscape Enhance the streetscape